Moving after retirement is not uncommon. Are you considering moving to another state and changing your lifestyle? Colorado is one of the places where seniors want to live. So, why are Californian seniors moving to Colorado, and what this state has to offer them?
Reasons why are Californian seniors moving to Colorado
Moving is a huge step in life, there are so many things to do before and after the relocation. You need to pack, find movers for your Colorado move, transfer documents, find a new home, etc. But first, you need to know why are more Californian seniors moving to Colorado and what attracts them to make this step.
- Retirement income taxes are low – CA is one of the most expensive states in the USA while CO has one of the highest senior citizen tax deductions. It is one of the main reasons for moving here. Lower costs of living are a big advantage.
- Colorado has a lot of retirees – if you want to live in a senior community, this state has a lot of them. Choose the best for you and you will have plenty of friends your age.
- Healthcare is strong – seniors need to pay attention to the healthcare system when moving. Luckily, the healthcare in CO is strong and there are hospitals and doctors’ offices all over Colorado that take many different kinds of insurance.
- Many rural areas are near big cities – most seniors want to live in a place that is rural, safe, and quiet.
- Outdoor activities – as a senior you should stay active and take care of your health. Here, you can hike, ski, visit national parks, etc.
To move from CA to CO with ease, leave the Golden State with experts’ help and allow yourself to enjoy your relocation. Long-distance relocations are exhausting even for younger people. Research moving companies and don’t hesitate to ask for help.
How to pack?
Packing is a task that takes a lot of time and energy. The best option for Californian seniors moving to Colorado is to hire professional packers. It is dangerous for you to lift heavy and large items. Or, ask your family to help you. Collect enough moving boxes and after packing find ways to use remaining packing supplies. You may use them for a variety of applications.
Where to live in CO as a senior?
Colorado is not a small state. It has many beautiful places where you may live after retirement. Some of the people are moving to CO to be closer to the family (kids and grandkids) because Colorado has some of the best cities for families with children.
Some of the places that are good for seniors in Colorado are:
- Holly Hills
- Fort Collins
- Estes Park
- Lincoln Park
If you are able, visit a couple of these places before making the final decision. Ask your kids to help you out with exploring these places, hiring moving assistance for seniors, packing, etc. More and more Californian seniors moving to Colorado are happy with this change and relocation. Consider this option and start a new life in your golden age.