Where to move and how to pick a perfect place for you? Relocation is one of the stressful life events, no matter where you are moving to – short or long distance. If you need a list of places to move in 2020, we have one. First of all, don’t underestimate some of the cities. Make a list and visit some places if you are able to, and then judge. If you are moving after college or you want to raise a family and start a new business, it all matters and it will affect your decision.
How to choose where to move to?
To pick the perfect place as your home, you need to know what to check when choosing a new city to move to. You don’t have to move abroad to try something new and fun. The USA has plenty of different and unique places to visit and to move to. Each state is special and has a lot to offer. Some of the things to check before making the final decision are:
- Affordability – all of us want a comfortable life and ability to afford some things. So, check not only the housing costs but also price for consumable goods, utilities, transportation costs, taxes, etc.
- Taxes – the USA has 5 states without sales taxes and nine states that don’t have income taxes. Calculate the taxes when choosing your new home city.
- Employment opportunities and job market – when looking for places to move in 2020, having a good job is a major factor. Some of the cities in the USA for job hunters, but some of them are not.
- Real estates – if you want to buy a home or to invest in a property, you must consider this factor. Research home prices, resale values, how long homes are on the market, and mortgage.
- Crime rates – safety is also a big factor to take into consideration, especially if you are moving with family. The lower crime rates, the better for you and your safety.
- Weather – what do you prefer more, the Sun or snow or both? The southern part of the US is warmer than the northern part.
- Education – if you have kids, their education is in the first place. But also if you want to work on your education, choose a place with good education system.
- Public transportation options – probably you don’t want to spend the entire day on the bus.
- Healthcare and hospitals – no matter how old are you, healthcare facilities are essential.
The list of top places to move in 2020
According to all listed factors, we have chosen the best places to live in 2020 and which are, by the way, growing faster than other areas in the US. If you really want to move, you should start with planing now. 2019 is almost done, in a few months. A new year means a new beginning, new routines, and a fresh start.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Yes, it is a small place, but more and more people are moving here. In the past 6 years, net migration was 17,5%. Myrtle Beach Area has to offer restaurants, clubs, big parks, great places for families, and good public schools. Metro population is 432, 780 and the median home value in this area is only $181,000.
Fort Myers, FL
Florida is one of the top states when it comes to good and affordable life. That’s why there are so many Florida’s cities on the list. Fort Myers is on top of the list in Florida for many different reasons. The population grew for 14,5 percent in the past 6 years (the cause of migrations). The median home value in this area where live 700,200 people, is $219,000.
Another good place to live in Florida is Sarasota. The population in Sarasota County is 768,400 which grew for 14% in the past decade because people moved here. It has great public schools, which makes it perfect for families. But, also at the same time, the nightlife is rich and you have plenty of places to visit. 73% own a home, and a median home price is $220,000. Sarasota and Fort Myers are not the only places in Florida where you can move in 2020, there are at least 5 more places to consider.
One of the best cities in Texas to move to is Austin. Moving to Texas next year may be an option. Austin has affordable costs of living, it is one of the main reasons why people love to live here. It is good for young professionals, retirees, and families, at the same time. The number of tech companies and businesses are growing in this Texas area.
Tourist love Charleston, which helped the tourism industry to grow and develop. But, this city in South Carolina is not only good and interesting for tourists. In the past couple of year, the population increased by 7,5% because people moved here. The median home value is currently $280,000 and if you want to grab ou chance, hurry up because prices are going up.
Boise is one of the best places in the States where to buy a house because of taxes and affordable prices and most people own their homes. This capital od Idaho has everything (as all capitals do). If you are able, visit this city and take it into consideration for your future home city.
Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas is not only the city of sin, gamble, and fun. The job market is growing and it is one of the main reasons why people move here. It deserves a spot on the list of the best places to move in 2020. From 2013, the population grew by 7,4% because of migrations.