Your moving day’s coming so soon! You’re so excited about it. The relocation to the city from your dreams is about to happen in just a few days. This is what you’re thinking about? Well, seriously, don’t. You shouldn’t be over enthusiastic this close to the moving day! I mean, of course, you should be enthusiastic. It would be weird not to feel joy about moving to the city you like that much. But be careful and concentrated. Keep the full focus, even if you’re so happy. Because there are so many potential moving day troubles you want to avoid. We suggest you should pay attention to a few details rather than having to face a disaster of a moving day. You don’t want to undergo hell when moving to a lovely place you chose to be your next residence. Therefore, hear out how to avoid moving day troubles!
The worst moving day troubles you want to avoid along the way
So many people think that choosing the best mover will solve all of their potential problems on a moving day. It could be true for the most of them. In case you did choose what you thought would be the best professional movers available. But if you didn’t, then the moving day from hell might take place. And that’s the nightmare you don’t want to dream, especially not to experience in reality. We’re not gonna discuss how uncomfortable things might get, we’re here to talk about what moving day troubles might occur:
- Hiring a bad moving company- Completely opposite to what you imagine when thinking of hiring the best professional mover to prevent problems.
- Disorganization- As for any other job, not organizing stuff properly leads to having a failure of a relocation.
- Traffic problems- Being stuck in the traffic jam for hours isn’t actually gonna make you happy on a moving day.
Mischosen professionals for your move
It’s true, as we said, that well-chosen mover doesn’t solve all of your problems. But badly chosen home moving professional could bring all the moving problems to you! So the first, and the most important thing when preparing for the moving day is to pick absolutely the best mover available. If you don’t, here’s what moving day troubles you could be facing:
- Movers simply show up
- The professional mover’s staff comes unprepared to conduct the relocation
- You become a victim of moving company scams
- The items you’re moving get damaged, broken or lost
- Late delivery
In order to prevent everything we mentioned above, hire one of the best moving and storage companies. It helps to prevent the most of the problems. You get rid of the most of the stress. Plus you get your items safely and promptly delivered. Even if some problem does take place, none of them is as big as some of the aforementioned troubles on a moving day caused by a badly picked moving company.
Not organizing stuff properly shall sooner or later bring problems with relocation. Never, remember, NEVER it happens that you get the perfect relocation if you didn’t plan it. The odds for that are probably worse than the ones to win the lottery. Here’s what you can do wrong in preparations for the moving day:
- Start packing too late- there are big chances to forget or indecently pack something.
- Furniture doesn’t fit, and you didn’t disassemble it- It takes time, and time takes money.
- Get unproperly dressed- Many injuries during the moving day are caused by uncomfortable clothes and shoes.
- No insurance- A moving company doesn’t offer moving insurance, and you didn’t purchase a policy yourself. It could be a disaster.
- The car registration and the documents are not changed- And you have plenty of problems due to that
If nothing of these moving day problems doesn’t freak you out, we suggest never to find out how awful they are and organize things weeks before the moving day! Not a single of common moving problems is good to have on a moving day.
Traffic issues might be a nightmare of moving day troubles
You picked the right place to move to and start a new life. The moving company you hired is the best available. All the organization appeared to be the right thing to do. But still, on your way to a new home, you’re stuck in the traffic, wondering why did it have to happen to you. Here’s what could go wrong on a moving day during the transportation:
- Traffic jam- Prolonged relocation means more expensive relocation.
- Car accident- It’s not your or moving company’s fault. But you’re still stuck!
- The moving company’s truck problems- i.e. the truck breaks down and it won’t move.
- No parking- You can’t find a place to park your truck so you could unload the stuff.
To avoid all of this, you need to plan your route. And to plan the time. It’s essential. If you do that, you reduce the possibility of traffic problems on a moving day to a minimum. So arrange the time (time of the day and also the date) of starting your transportation out of the traffic jam. Be very careful while driving (it takes two bad drivers to have a car accident), and ask a moving truck driver to do the same. Demand a detailed check of the moving truck condition. Try to arrange the parking in front or near your new home. If you’re careful, probably nothing shall go wrong!