Have you found a new place to call home? Moving to a new place always brings excitement, but stress is inevitable too. There are many things to consider before the moving day arrives and that can be quite overwhelming. That is why you should get professional movers to help you relocate. If you currently live in Florida, you are lucky since there are many moving companies that can take the stress of relocation off your back. But, how will you find them? Whether you prefer searching online or offline, we will help you find reliable movers in Florida.
Search companies’ websites online to find reliable movers in Florida
People say that everybody who is anybody is online nowadays. And that is true. However, the pieces of information that we get on the Internet should always be taken with a pinch of salt. There are many fraudulent movers out there ready to make you an offer that you cannot refuse and then walk away with your money without doing the job or doing it improperly. So, be careful not to fall for a moving scam. The price must never be your criterion number one for choosing a moving company. Luckily, there are companies like movingkings.com who offer top quality service and yet they are cost-effective.
If you opt for searching websites for a reliable moving company in Florida, there are some red flags that you should be mindful of:
- The reviews that seem generic, or they are overwhelmingly positive – if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably isn’t. Many companies pay for their reviews. That is why the pieces of information you find in their testimonials are not always true.
- The websites that contain nothing but the contact details – if the company is brand new, that is ok. But, if a company claims to be reputable, that means that it has been present for some time and their website should have some more content.
- The websites with poor language and many grammatical mistakes – if thair website seems sloppy, why would their service be better?
- Free quotes – they are not the actual quotes. They are only informative, so don’t prepare your bicycle for a move just yet. Deceitful companies tend to represent the prices lower than they actually are, so they might give you a free quote that seems great, but shock you with the real price after the relocation is finished.
Should you be searching forums for reliable movers in Florida?
Forums are more unbiased sources of information than companies’ websites. Or, at least they should be such. However, the forums have become the places for paid advertisements too, so don’t take any of the forum users’ words for granted.
Are Google ads good places for finding Florida movers?
Many companies choose to advertise in Google ads. That should be a good indicator of how reputable a company is. Not every company can afford to advertise on Google, so those who can are probably not going to waste their money on advertising for moving scams.
Is there a better referral than a word of mouth?
Do you have friends or relatives who have gone through the moving experience recently? If you do, you should be asking them for advice and help to find reliable movers in Florida. The positive experience of somebody you trust is worth so much more than all the advertisements combined. Even if your friend, relative or colleague had a bad experience they should share it with you. That way, you will at least know which moving company in Florida not to choose.
You can even ask your realtor to help you find reliable movers in Florida. Since they spend their working hours with people selling their houses or buying new ones, they will probably have a suggestion for you.
Make a list of companies that you think are worthy of your attention
Lists do sound boring, but they can be very helpful. Write down the names of the companies and the questions for them. Don’t forget to ask about:
- The price of their service, obviously;
- The available dates – bear in mind that reputable companies are always busy;
- The services their company offers – do they offer just transportation of your belongings, or will they do the packing and unpacking too?
- The packing materials – will they provide them or should you do so?
- The items that they will not move – there are some dangerous items that your movers will just not move. So, if you have any of those, you will have to move them the other way.
- The insurance – you need to know every detail of it;
- The contract – do they offer any and what’s inside;
Why not visit a company that you are thinking of hiring?
A visit to a moving company that you are thinking of hiring can help you decide whether they are right for you. First, check whether their online address matches the actual one. The data that they present about themselves need to be accurate if you are dealing with genuinely reliable movers in Florida. When you come to their premises, you can meet the people who will be in charge of your possessions during your Florida relocation. You can check out their equipment and transportation means that they will be using. Maybe you will meet some of their clients on the spot so you can ask them about their experience with that particular moving company.
When you are searching for a moving company for your Florida relocation, you should try visiting some local companies. If you live near Oakland Park, you are lucky since Oakland Park has some reliable movers that will cater to your needs. Always ask your local company for a neighborly discount, there is nothing you can lose.
You can check the company’s referrals and see whether they are the reliable movers in Florida you should book
The list of clients usually tells a lot about a company that provides any kind of service. The things are no different in the moving industry. So, you should contact some of the clients from the list and check whether they were satisfied with the service they got from the movers.
Hopefully, some of these tips will help you pick reliable movers in Florida for your upcoming relocation.