When it comes to moving, choosing the right moving company to relocate your belongings can be as exhausting as the moving process itself. There are so many moving companies out there that people easily become confused and do not know which one to chose. If you try to do it randomly, you can only get into trouble and make a basic moving mistake. You really need to take a few days off and do some thorough research. That is the only way to find reliable, competent, experienced and, most importantly, affordable movers. However, what if all moving companies seem great? How would you choose? Luckily, we have some advice on that. Keep on reading to find out how to compare different moving quotes and offers.
Where to start when it is necessary to compare moving quotes and offers?
First things first, when trying to compare different moving quotes and offers, you need to give yourself some time. Focus on researching every single detail about different movers. However, before you decide which company is going to be the ‘chosen one’, pay attention to these three things:
- Get friends’ recommendations – If your research is only based on online reviews, you might get into trouble. Online reviews can sometimes be misleading. Or even worse, a fraud. So, instead of doing that, call everybody you know – your friends, family members, colleagues or neighbors. Ask them about their experiences with movers.
- Be mindful of ‘too good to be true’ quotes and offers – If, when trying to compare different moving quotes and estimates, something seems too suspicious, it probably is. Stay away from companies that are too cheap or too expensive. Try to find the golden middle.
- Trust your gut – Sometimes, with all the analyzing and comparing, things get a little bit complicated. So, try to have a conversation with the companies’ representatives. Do not be afraid to ask them any questions you may have. Usually, it is all about trusting your gut and your instincts.
Compare moving company quotes
So, after researching different moving companies online and getting recommendations from friends, you need to pick a couple of moving companies. Only then can you begin to compare their different moving quotes and estimates. After choosing the lucky few, ask them for an accurate cost estimate. You can do that over the phone or ask for your moving costs estimate online. However, those estimates are rarely accurate, and people usually get really surprised when the check arrives. Instead, you need to request a visual in-home estimate. And, as soon as all the in-home inspectors are done, you will have a couple of written quotes. That is one of the best ways to compare moving prices and services.
Compare the prices
Price is important. Many people relocating will probably go for the lowest price available. But, be careful, because nothing comes cheap. Maybe that price is not accurate, or maybe additional fees or insurance are not included. Or maybe, the company is new and inexperienced. You must pay attention to a lot of details and ask many questions. Remember that when your move is local, the moving price will be calculated on an hourly basis. And when you are moving to a faraway place, the price will usually be fixed and will depend on many factors such as distance, the total weight of your belongings, and additional services. Resist the temptation to chose the cheapest company possible because it will probably cost you more in the long run. It is not easy to find a reliable mover you can trust.
Compare the services
To compare different moving quotes and offers, you need to take a closer look at all the services a certain company provides. Experienced and reputable companies, like the one you can find at carmackmoving.com, provide their customers with a wide range of services that guarantee safe and smooth relocation. Also, see which services are included in the price, and which will cost you extra. You should not look at the final price, but how the company forms the price from the beginning. You can see all the details about price formation on the list you received from the moving company. Pay attention to those additional services and fees. Sometimes moving companies do not include them in the estimated price, but only in the receipt. Types of moving services are:
- Most common moving services: providing you with packing materials, packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, transferring, providing temporary storage, and insurance.
- Moving services that require extra fees: heavy lifting, having a lot of stairs and no elevator, disassembly, and reassembly of large furniture, creating custom crates for valuables, hoisting massive items through a window or a balcony, and similar.
Compare moving reviews
Sometimes, to compare different moving quotes and offers, as well as prices and services, does not seem enough. If you need some additional assuring, you should go online and check the reviews. See what other people have said about the company you are planning to hire. Read all the comments, the good and the bad ones as well. Bear in mind that a couple of bad comments do not define the company. Do some research and see what happened, and how the moving company managed to fix the problem. If, however, you cannot find any information or comments about a certain moving company, maybe it is because you stumbled upon a fraudulent or inexperienced one. The best companies know that online reputation is important since it brings more customers, and of course, more money.