There is nothing like perfect timing for your relocation. Whenever you think it’s the right time you can start your preparations. However, some periods of the year are more popular than the others, of course. Most people start their move in the summer period, and that’s why it is widely considered the busiest moving season. What you may expect along the way, partly depends on where you are moving to. If your destination is Owings Mills, a suburban area of Baltimore in Maryland, you would like to hear what follows. Here is a simple guide to moving to Owings Mills during summer season.
It’ll be hot, and that’s not a joke
Summer temperatures are high. The weather is usually very hot and that’s why you should undertake certain safety measures, to protect both your belongings and yourself.
- Start your move early in the day, even before 8 o’clock. In the morning hours, temperatures and humidity are lowest. This has shown as the most suitable solution since you will grab a chance to finish a great deal of your relocation until the real heat comes. What’s more, early morning hours are the best choice when it comes to avoiding heavy traffic and traffic jams as well.
- Make sure you prepare a lot of water. Since it is summer, you’ll definitely be very thirsty. Especially when doing some physical exercise. That’s why you should always have several bottles of fresh and cold water with you. And, do not forget to offer water to your movers and all the people who help you along the way. Everyone would be really thankful.
- It is important what you wear on your moving day, and we do not speak about style. Comfortable clothes should be your priority. Wearing light colors and fabrics that are breathable is very important. You’ll do a lot of walking, carrying heavy things and driving. All of these would be easier if you feel comfortable.
And some more tips…
- The air conditioning in your new home should be turned on. This is if you want to make sure your unpacking process will be pleasant.
- Ensure climate-controlled transport for your sensitive items. All the electronics and even some furniture elements require special care during the summer season relocations. Temperature changes can cause damage and breaks on these items, so that is why climate-controlled transport is very important. What’s more, this is something professional movers would point out too.
- Watch the forecast. Well, this is an important tip in our guide to moving to Owings Mills during the summer season. No matter if you probably know what weather is expected in summer, unexpected changes are always possible. Thus, it would be good to know what the forecast says. And if you are coming to Baltimore, one of the best places in Maryland places, there is something more you should know when it comes to weather- summers in this area sometimes bring frequent thunderstorms.
Find your movers on time
You surely want your move to be easy and fast. For that, you’ll definitely need professionals by your side. When it comes to Owing Mills, if you turn to experts in the area, you’ll have no problem with either your relocation or your moving in process. The professional movers in Owings Mills are remarkable experts and they have experience in various types of relocations. However, the longer you delay calling them and setting the deal, the less are the chances you’ll manage to book the desirable date. During the summer season, moving companies have a lot of work to do. Thus here it’s first come, first served.
Take care of the moving costs- says the guide to moving to Owings Mills during the summer season
Calculating moving costs is one of the first things you should deal with. Movers, transportation, packing supplies. Not to mention that having moving insurance is more than desirable these days. And, this aspect is especially important when it comes to summer relocations.
Summer is the peak moving season for many reasons. Not only because of people who would like to use the relatively good weather conditions and move to their new homes but also because of the students who are moving to and from their dorm rooms during this period. The bigger demand for the moving services the less are chances you will easily get the movers that you want. And, if you manage to reach them, it will not come with low costs. This is not the rule, but in many cases, this practice is what you’ll meet. Fortunately, there are always some discounts that can save your day. All you need to do is to find the ones you want to hire and make a deal.
Holidays – try to avoid them
Holidays are usually non-working days. That would mean fewer moving professionals available, and that leads to tight schedules. Not to mention that the traffic at that time will probably be a complete mess. Plus, if you want to save some money for your moving budget, holidays are just not the perfect timing. So, the next time you go to Allstate Moving and Storage, check all the dates but the summer holidays.
It is never too early to start moving preparations
Whenever you set the relocation date, it simply seems like you’ll have more than enough time to settle everything down. However, time flies and the big day comes faster than you’ve expected. That’s why it’s never too early to start your moving preparations. Begin with decluttering, then step-by-step go to the packing process. And of course, don’t forget to work on your mental and emotional preparation for the big change.
So if you are planning your move to Baltimore, Maryland, and your preferred moving period is summer, this article was exactly what you needed. We hope our guide to moving to Owings Mills during the summer season helped you with your organization.