Moving with children is not easy, no matter how old they are – babies, toddlers, teenagers, etc. A big part of the moving process is packing, and all kids have toys, of course. You should clean and pack kids’ toys before the move properly, so you can unpack them faster and your kids won’t be upset and they won’t cry. Learn how to do it easily and your kids will be safe and happy.
Tips to clean and pack kids toys before the move
Before you pack the household items, you should clean them, not only kids’ toys. But, cleaning toys is necessary because toddlers often put toys in a mouth and that is the easiest way for bacteria to get inside the body – here are some tips on how to do it. Moving with kids does not have to be complicated and hard with those tips.
Before packing, you should clean toys, especially those that will be packed into an essential moving box. How to clean toys and why? The first thing people unpack after moving is kids’ stuff, including toys too. You will lose time by cleaning those toys after moving, and that is why you should clean them before moving.
- Plastic and rubber toys you can wash with water and soap. After that, make sure there is no soap left and to dry them completely.
- You can sanitize a 3% hydrogen peroxide or 1/2 cup chlorine bleach and one gallon of water, but don’t use vinegar because it is not strong enough to kill all the bacteria.
- Plush toys also can be washed, even in a washing machine. But, plush toys that cannot be washed in a machine, you must wash it by hands.
- When you need to clean and pack kids’ toys before the move that has electronics, then you can just clean the surface and remove the dust and dirt.
When moving with a toddler it is highly recommended to pack a couple of toys in an essential bag so they can play during moving. Also, pack one new toy to keep their attention somehow during the trip.
- First, sort toys, those who need to be moved, tossed, donated, or recycled.
- Keep small and tiny toys in Ziploc bags.
- Put soft toys in plastic bags to keep them away from insects, dirt, and dust.
- Large toys in big cardboard boxes or the best solution is to pack them in original boxes.
As you can see, it is not difficult to clean and pack kids’ toys before the move. On the other hand, it is a must because of its safety. Especially sanitize items during the coronavirus pandemic and make sure you move safely with a family.