Thinking about moving to Europe with your family? There are many great locations in Europe for you to get a fresh start and change the course of your life and career, but few countries are just a better than others. We have made a list of Top 5 locations in Europe for moving with family for you to choose from.
Moving is an exciting process, which gives you an opportunity to change your surroundings and become a part of a new culture.
Even though planning the fresh start and the idea of having a chance for a clean slate sounds fun it can also get overwhelming when you need to consider finding a good school district. Also, finding safe and affordable housing and completely changing your routine and lives of your spouse and children can add to the pressure.
So how to make up your mind? According to the Index of Family Life, you should definitely check out what Austria, Germany, France, Finland, and Sweden have to offer!
When moving to one of these counties there are few things to watch out for and check:
- Visa requirements – when it comes to foreigners, European Union has strict rules, so make sure you follow the EU visa and border regulations and check your eligibility for the EU blue card.
- Find a reliable moving company and have your possessions transferred safely to your new home.Take your time when choosing the movers and avoid the moving hell.
- Language barriers – check if the country you want to move to has educational programs available in English. Also, what are the minimum language requirements for enrolling in a learning institution? Be aware of that most European countries don’t allow homeschooling!
- Choose the right housing option! It may be that you and your family will need some time to adapt to new environment and having an apartment or house that feels like home from the beginning could make everything easier.
TOP 5 LOCATIONS IN EUROPE FOR MOVING WITH FAMILY AT A GLANCE:
AUSTRIA- THE BEST PLACE IN EUROPE FOR RAISING YOUR KIDS
Being located in the central Europe, with 8 neighbor countries, makes Austria the perfect location for staring your European life. Therefore exploring the rest of the old continent couldn’t be easier!
There are many great reasons for relocating to this beautiful country and the most important ones certainly are:
- Judging by availability of childcare and education, Austria as the best European country
- High quality of life! The average household income in Austria per capita is $ 31,667 a year
- Great transportation network. – besides being conveniently close to many other European countries, Austria has great high-speed railway lines
- Work hard, rest harder” is a lifestyle of many Austrians and there are many great resorts you can visit in your leisure time
- Safe banking – when it comes to savings and banking, Austria looks up to their rich neighbors, the Swiss. Both nations consider protection of their assets a top priority.
For gaining a permanent residency, you must obtain the temporary residency for more than five years. It will take you up to 10 more for earning their passport.
GERMANY – “The country of poets and thinkers”
Job opportunities, quality education, social care, personal safety, just name it! Germany ranks above average in almost anything comparing to other European countries.
Here are some additional facts how Germany made the list of Top 5 European countries for moving with family :
- Employment opportunities! Due to its constant economic growth, Germany is always in a need of skilled workers. They are even adjusting their laws to attract more experienced professionals in fields like medicine, construction…
- High quality of life – average household income per capita in Germany is $31,925 a year
- Great education! German higher education is either free or requires low fees and 33 German universities rank in the top 500 in the World!
There are 7 types of visas you can apply to when moving to Germany. When relocating to one of the Top 5 locations in Europe for moving with family, be sure you meet the visa requirements.
FRANCE- The land of Art
Cheese, pastry, wine, coffee, crepes… If “Family that eats together stays together” is your family motto as well, France will feel like home f om the start!
Besides amazing food and historical landmarks, there are many more reasons why France made our list of Top 5 locations in Europe for moving with family:
- Culture! Moving to France, one of the top 5 five locations in Europe for moving with family, may change your mindset. Art and culture are the top priorities of French and you can’t escape it
- Great health care ! mostly financed by the government.
- Laid back style of life! French take their time, and don’t apologize for it! This slow-paced lifestyle creates a great environment for raising kids.
- Working hours and vacation! France is one of the countries with the highest number of paid leave days a year
SCANDINAVIA – The safest place in the World!
There is a lot of things to look forward to when choosing to move to Finland or Sweden. Therefore we will try to sum up the best facts about them :
- Education doesn’t get any better than this! These two countries have the best higher education institutions in the World. But according to the World Economic Forum, Finland is leading the way.
- The safest region in the World! 5 out of the safest countries worldwide are located in Scandinavia!
- Social and gender equality are taken seriously in the north!
- Median household income per capita according to OECD: Finland: $29,238 Sweden: 28,589
- Environmental awareness is essential. Due to this fact, Scandinavia is the home to most eco-friendly countries in the world
Remember, if going to Scandinavia, for longer than 90 days you will need a visa.
Make sure you meet the visa requirements before moving to one of the Top 5 locations for moving with family.
Hopefully, our list of Top 5 locations in Europe for moving with family has helped you choose your new home country. We wish you a Happy Moving Day!