Hello, moving people! We are eager to keep on providing you with moving tips! After you had decided where you want to relocate, you should have picked a good moving company. After that, all that is left is to get prepared for the moving day. Get informed what moving problems might happen during your relocation, and how to prevent them. Or how to react in case you’re not able to prevent them from happening. In order to prepare for the forthcoming relocation day, you should pack your stuff. We are not going to repeat what we already discussed. Here we are with tips on packing and moving fragile items. This article is about what you should do to keep them safe from breaking or damaging.
Tips and hints on how to pack & move fragile items
- Take your time– Don’t pack your valuable fragile items for moving in a rush. It never ends well.
- Prepare proper packing supplies- To prevent the fragile items from damaging, you need the material that you will use for wrapping them.
- Different items-different way of packing– You need to know how to pack each fragile item
- Make sure you marked every fragile item- The best way to be sure that moving fragile items won’t end up breaking them is- mark them as fragile!
- Inform packers and/or movers about fragile stuff- Anyone handling your fragile valuables must be aware of their fragility
Take your time when moving fragile items
When it comes to keeping your valuables safe, don’t be sloppy. And there is a great possibility for sloppiness in case you are in a hurry. Whether you have plenty of time, or you need to speed up the moving process, the advice is the same. It is better to be late than to have any of your valuables damaged, isn’t it? So, again, take your time when it comes to moving fragile items! Pack them properly and move them the way they don’t get destroyed.
Prepare proper breakable items packing supplies
The essential thing when talking about moving fragile items is packing them into the right supplies. We assume you are already aware of what to prepare for packing. Nevertheless, we shall mention here what you must have to secure your fragile things from damaging:
- Boxes of different size- Pick the moving boxes according to the size of your fragile items. Put the items in those not too small and yet not too big. Choose the right box size for the same size of a fragile item/items
- Filling material- It is used to fill the gaps between the stuff in the boxes, so they wouldn’t move during the transportation. Moving inside the boxes would make items collide. Collisions make fragile items break.
- Various kinds of paper- Pick paper of different thickness for different fragile things you pack.
- Bubble wrap- Maybe the best material for wrapping fragile items
- Packing tape- Choose the widest and the thickest packing tape for packing fragile items
Tips on how to pack different sorts of fragile items
When moving fragile items, you can’t pick one way of packing. You need to pack every breakable item the way it needs to be handled in order to be saved. We are here suggesting how to pack the most common fragile items when it comes to the relocation.
- Packing the plates- wrap every single plate into the paper (choose the paper thick enough to prevent breaking plates if the collision happens). put the paper in the bottom of the box. Then put plates, wrapped in paper, one on another. And put the paper on the top, before closing the box and sealing it with the packing tape.
- Wrapping glasses- Put the wrinkled paper inside every glass. Then wrap every glass in the paper. When packing the glasses inside the box, put the paper, or some other material to prevent a collision, between the glasses. Also, put the paper below and above glasses, before sealing the box.
- How to place the lamps into the boxes- Disassemble the lamp into parts. Wrap every breakable part in the paper or bubble wrap. Put the paper between the parts of the lamp when packing them into the box.
The ‘fragile’ mark isn’t there for nothing
Use clearly visible markers to mark the boxes containing fragile material. That way, Everybody handling the boxes will have the information to be careful. Also, write what is the content of the boxes with fragile items. Because some fragile items need to be handled more carefully than the others. you want the moving fragile items to be conducted in the right manner!
Establish the clear communication about breakable valuables with the mover
It is important to inform the personnel of the professional packer and mover about breakable items you own. Moving fragile items must be conducted with the highest attention. In case you don’t inform the workers about breakable stuff you are moving- they are not responsible for any damage that might occur. Although they are professionals, they can’t predict what box might contain fragile items.
If the mover company is doing the packing, then don’t worry, if anything’s broken, they are responsible. But they would mark the boxes and be aware what they packed. If you do the packing, it will save your money and we support you to do that. But then re-read everything about marking the boxes with fragile items. And also remember to communicate clearly what fragile materials you move. Marking the boxes and telling the workers secures you from the anger about fragile items broken during the transportation.