Moving house is never easy. Once you come to terms with this fact, you can start tackling the problem. Well, it is not necessarily a problem, it’s more like a massive undertaking. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to make this whole thing less complicated. First, accept that you cannot do it by yourself and ask for help. Even if your friends or family agree to help you, they won’t be thrilled, trust us. And who can blame them? No one looks forward to all that heavy lifting. Another option is hiring professional movers. This sounds more expensive than DIY, and it usually is, but it’s also more convenient. If you’re interested to find out more about hiring quality new movers in Miami, check out this guide.
It takes a few steps to find quality new movers in Miami
There are numerous moving companies in Miami. Some of them are very good, most of them are not. Therefore, do all you can to find the best movers Miami has to offer. Research is everything, so don’t be lazy! Do your research thoroughly before making a decision. Depending on how far you are moving, search for a company that specializes in long or short distance moving.
- If you are wondering where to look, we have a few suggestions. In case you don’t trust advertisers, start with your friends, colleagues and family members with experience. They have your best interest in mind. You can also find ads in all media outlets. But be careful, we all know that ads can be deceiving, and moving companies know how to appear trustworthy.
- All quality new movers in Miami a must have a license to work. You can verify the mover’s legitimacy through S. Department of Transportation.
- Every time you find a company that seems reliable, check its background. A good reputation is necessary for any business. Always read the reviews and pay attention to negative comments. When it comes to new moving companies, there will be fewer clients to provide feedback, so gather all the reviews you can find.
- Those who have a small moving budget, often need to sacrifice a few things. Insurance should not be one of those things. Not having insurance may cost you more, in case something gets damaged or lost. Always choose a moving company that offers insurance coverage and don’t forget to read the insurance policy.
- The higher the cost – the better the service. Although that’s usually true, low cost does not always mean poor quality and vice versa. New top-notch Miami movers can be affordable, too. However, if the price is too low, it’s time to be suspicious. The price will depend on numerous factors, such as the date, distance and weight of your move. Time also matters – some Miami moving companies are paid hourly. Moreover, extra services often include additional costs. Some companies offer great Miami storage solutions, packing and unpacking services, and many other possibilities.
- Before making the final choice, compare different companies. Narrow your choice and contact them. When it comes to the number of finalists, some recommend three, others say five. We say the more the better.
- Make a phone call to gather more information. If you’re satisfied with the call, ask them to send their representatives to your place to make a visual estimate. Make sure they offer a free on-site estimate, so you can invite as many different Miami movers as you want. Unlike a non-binding estimate, a binding estimate guarantees the price. Discuss every detail of your move with your consultant, including payment details, equipment and vehicles.
- Verbal agreements do not count. All quality new Miami movers make written contracts, signed by their officials.
*extra tip: The earlier you find a quality new mover in Miami, the better. It is best to contact the chosen moving company several weeks in advance.
Stay away from fraudulent Miami movers
While doing your research, you should be able to notice the signs of a scam. If anything seems fishy, try a different company, there are more than enough movers in Miami. In the hands of quality new Miami movers, you won’t have to worry about the following things:
- Not having a moving license. If they don’t have a license, count them out immediately.
- Asking for a large deposit is something fraudulent Miami moving companies often do.
- The lack of transparency. If you cannot find information about a certain company online, it’s probably a fraud. However, if there are no reviews, it’s not necessarily a bad sign, perhaps the company is just new.
- Every company gets an occasional bad review. If you see such reviews too often, try to find out more. When the same complaint appears repeatedly, it probably means they are not doing enough to improve their service.
- No reliable new mover will provide a suspiciously low estimate, or refuse to give you one.
- Asking clients to sign a blank contract is another thing quality new movers in Miami never do.
- Keeping your possessions hostage and refusing to give them back until you pay a large amount of money is a common trick fraudulent Miami movers use.
- Having no company name or a different company’s name on their vehicles and uniforms is another bad sign.
In summary, quality new movers in Miami count on your recommendation. They’ll do anything to meet your demands and make sure you are satisfied, hoping that you will recommend them to others. This way, you both win. On the other hand, bad Miami movers plan to profit from your naivety and thus to make you spend more than you should. This way only they win.