So you have decided to move to the sunny state of California, or you have freshly moved. Great for you, since this state is one of the most popular places in the USA to move to and visit. The number of people coming to live here has increased by 5% in the last five years. so the statistics are on your side. It has a lot to offer and you will be fascinated by the locations you can discover. Here you will see what some of the best places to visit after moving to California are. We will also give you some moving to California tips. You can also expect some pros and cons of moving to the Golden State.
Pros and cons of moving to California
California is one of the most desirable moving destinations in USA. This state might not be everyone’s cup of tea, so here are some pros and cons of living here
California has the perfect weather
They don’t call it a sunny state for no reason. The weather in California is definitely perfect. Who wouldn’t enjoy all of that sunshine. Science says that exposure to the sun makes us feel happier.No wonder there are so many smiling people in the streets of California.
Offers many job opportunities
California offers many job opportunities. The job market of this country is ample with well paid job possibilities.You will be especially lucky finding job in the tech field because this state is the tech Mecca.
It’s the state of renewable energy
California is the number one state in the USA when it comes to implementation of renewable energy. If you want to live ‘green’ and save the environment, this is the right place for you.
Have a healthy lifestyle
If you are vegetarian, vegan or have another specific diet regimen this is the perfect state for you. You can always find fresh and organic produce. It is easy and convenient to keep a healthy lifestyle in California.
On the other hand, there are some things that are not so perfect
Prices are very high
Prices of everything in California are pretty high. From food to lodging and taxes, you are going to have to spend a lot of money if you want to be a happy resident of the Golden State. The housing is especially costly.
It’s in the ‘Ring of Fire’
Even though it has some of the best places to visit after moving to California you will not be in the safest area in the world. The coastline of this state is prone to seismic activity and there are some volcanoes. Even a tsunami could easily hit the coast.
Here are some of the best places to visit after moving to California
This wonderful state is full of glorious places to visit. We will focus on the ones that are not extra popular and mainstream.Here is a different and interesting list. So here are some of them
- How about visiting San Diego. You can find some of the best beaches in California here, like Mission Beach or Coronado. The best zoo in the state is located here, so there’s a family activity idea. When you get tired from the beach, enjoy the exciting nightlife of the city. Oh yeah, if you love good Mexican cuisine, be sure to visit.
- Yosemite National Park is a perfect choice for all nature lovers. Here you can experience wonderful waterfalls and stunning landscapes. How about visiting the Sequoia trees that are thousands of years old and are real giants. If you want to avoid the crowds of tourists you’d better visit really early in the morning.
- Don’t skip the city of Monterey. This city is not as big as LA or San Francisco, and it has that smaller city charm. It is perfect as a romantic weekend place for two and it offers a sophisticated vacation. It has wonderful coastline and perfect little seafood restaurants with delicious food. Here you can play golf in a fascinating environment at the Pebble Beach Golf Links. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is one of the best aquariums in the state and in the USA.
Disneyland lovers will enjoy California
- The city of Anaheim maybe doesn’t ring a bell, right? But when you hear that this is the location of Disneyland it will become the first place on your to visit list. This is perfect for a family vacation and for all of those who just want to enter a world of fantasy and beloved Disney characters many generations adored and still do. Besides this famous amusement park you can visit many more. Knott’s Berry Farm and Adventure Park are other popular and beloved amusement parks that are waiting for you here.
- Nappa Valley is a perfect place for all of those wine lovers out there. This area is famous for its wineries and vineyards. You can find some wine of exquisite quality here.
Unique things about California
Here are some of the unique things you might have not known about California
- Did you know that California is the state where the first McDonald’s opened.It was in the city of San Bernardino in 1940
- California has the largest number of national parks in the USA. There are 59 national parks in the US and 9 of them are located in California, the most famous one being the Yosemite National Park.
- Did you ever wonder where you can find the tallest tree in the world.Well, it is located in California and it is 115.54 meters tall. You can find it in the Redwood National Park.
- Actually, did you know that California is one of the rare places that have a chemical element named after it.That is right, Californium is real.
- California’s first nickname was the Grizzly Bear State.It was nicknamed the Golden State after the gold fever.
Finally here you have some of the reasons why moving to California is a good idea. There are more pros than cons. We have mentioned some of the most interesting places to visit in the Golden State. And some unique fun facts have been added. So enjoy California and have fun in this wonderful state.